Gotland University has merged with Uppsala University on July 1, 2013 and is now called Uppsala University—Campus Gotland. Uppsala University in brief:
Quality, knowledge, and creativity since 1477
World–class research and first–rate education of global use to society, business, and culture.
Uppsala University’s goals:
- Conduct research and provide education of the highest quality.
- Be broad–minded and open to change.
- Take an active role in global society and promote development and innovation.
- Stengthen its position as a world–leading university and contribute to a better world.
Uppsala University is the oldest university in the Nordic countries, with a living cultural environment and fantastic student life. There are 40,000 students here, and they are seen, heard, and noticed everywhere. World–class research and high quality education pursued here benefit society and business on a global level. The University is characterized by diversity and breadth, with international frontline research at nine faculties and limitless educational offerings at undergraduate and master levels.
- One the world’s 100 highest ranked universities
- International orientation and position
- Peer culture of quality review and academic freedom
- Diversity and breadth—research and education in nine faculties
- Broad educational offerings at undergraduate and one– and two–year master’s levels
- International master’s programmes
- Student exchange and research cooperation with universities throughout the world
- Key collaborative partner for business and society
- Active, systematic quality improvements
- Superbly equipped, purpose–designed, modern, interdisciplinary campus areas
- Oldest university in the Nordic countries with living cultural settings
- Fantastic student life
- Academic traditions and festivities
- Unique cultural offerings
- Carl Linnaeus, Anders Celsius, and Olof Rudbeck are some of the famoushistorical Uppsala figures.
- International cutting–edge research within all nine faculties
- Strong research environments
- High proportion of research grants
- Large share of ERC grants to Uppsala University
- Specialization and multidisciplinary collaboration
- Pure research and innovations
- National and international research collaboration
- Broad course offerings from undergraduate to doctoral level in nine faculties
- Lifelong learning through continuing and mid–career education
- Dedicated investments in high quality and stimulating study environment
- Educational development work
- Student participation
- Enabling interplay between academy, business and society
- Offering courses for mid–career education
- Facilitating contacts between students and business
- Forging contacts with alumni
Campus Gotland—Uppsala University, Cramérgatan 3, SE–621 67 Visby, Sweden
Phone +46 498 29 99 00, fax +46 498 29 99 62
Contact Prof. Joakim Hansson, University Lecturer